As if free fireworks, street performers, horse-drawn wagon rides and skating along with other cool activities and food trucks wasn’t enough to ring in the New Year, Barrie also brought in one of Canada’s most popular rock acts to top it all off activities.
Sam Roberts will prime the crowd for the annual countdown starting at 10:30 pm with a host of artists featured earlier including quirky kids-oriented favourite, Fred Penner.
Before the big change-over, you can warm-up at the Five Points Theatre with fun and festive activities, including the New Year’s resolution wall where you can join the community in leaving your hopes for 2019. Capture memories at the magic mirror photo booth and print your photos as a magical keepsake, then head up to City Hall for a night full of entertainment.
6pm–Midnight @ Barrie City Hall
- Skating at the Circle at the Centre rink. Bring your skates!
- Horse-drawn wagon ride
- Roaming street performers
- Family fun activities: Clarabella the Clown, face painting, hockey shootout, Speaking of Wildife, Snow Valley‘s mini tube slide, and more
- Bonfire warming zone – presented by Telus: Canada’s Largest & Fastest Network
- Food vendors
- Fireworks: Two shows – the first following the family celebration and the second at midnight to ring in 2019!
Barrie transit is also coming to the table with free, yes free rides from 5pm to 3am and downtown parking will be free, although some road closures will be in effect.