March is Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month and Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH) wants to hear your ‘cheeky’ stories on the importance of colorectal cancer screening.
Write a short poem or song about screening for colorectal cancer and see if your ballad has what it takes to win one of two prize packages valued at $400. There’s also a number of other prizes available – distribution will depend on the number of entries received.
Please – keep the entries clean – RVH encourages cheeky creativity, but no profanity or images.
Entries for the Butt Ballad contest can be submitted until 5 p.m. on March 27, 2020 to [email protected] You can submit as many times as you like. By submitting your Butt Ballad, you give permission for RVH to share your creativity through its social media channels.
Winners will be announced and contacted in early April.
The aim of the contest is to educate the public on important health information.
Did you know:
• Nine out of 10 colon cancers can be cured if found early.
• People between the ages of 50 – 74 should be screened every two years.
• If you have a family history of colorectal cancer, you should get screened earlier – speak to your family physician.
• The at-home test – (Fecal Immunochemical Test – FIT) is easy to use.
• For questions, call the Simcoe Muskoka Cancer Screening Hotline at 1-866-608-6910.