On August 17, the Town of New Tecumseth celebrated the official unveiling of recent renovations at the Museum on the Boyne.
The Alliston site features a 1914 agricultural fair building, an 1851 log cabin and an 1858 English barn filled with a mixed collection of household, agricultural, industrial and archival artifacts that depict life in South Simcoe from the first settlement to present day. The agricultural fair building was transformed into a community museum in 1960 and currently houses the Museum on the Boyne.
Thanks to local groups and individuals who supported a grant application, the museum received a grant from the Department of Canadian Heritage Legacy Fund for a facelift to help increase the longevity of the building as a community space.
Recent improvements include installation of a humidification system, an upgraded electrical panel, new flooring and shelving in the collection storage room and extra window security. The town also recently replaced the museum roof.