The County of Simcoe Local Immigration Partnership is now accepting submissions for the 2018 Newcomer Recognition Awards. The event, in its sixth year, recognizes residents, youth, businesses, schools and organizations working to connect and improve the lives of immigrants in Simcoe County.
The submission deadline is Sept. 21. Information and nomination materials are available in both English and French at immigration.simcoe.ca. The awards ceremony is being held on Oct. 25 at 6 p.m. at Tangle Creek Golf and Country Club in Essa Township.
Newcomer Recognition Award categories include:
- Immigrant Youth (Individual)
- Immigrant Mentor (Individual)
- Immigrant Artist (Individual)
- Immigrant Entrepreneur (Individual)
- Culturally Diverse Workforce (Business/Organization)
- Welcoming Work Environment (Business/Organization)
- Marketing and Outreach (Business/Organization)
- Multiculturalism through Education (School and Individual Educator)
- Service Excellence Award (Individual)
- Youth Community Champion (Individual)
- Community Champion (Individual)
Diamond sponsorship for the 2018 Newcomer Recognition Awards is being provided by Paul Sadlon Motors.
The Simcoe County Local Immigration Partnership was established in 2011 and is funded by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. The Partnership Council is comprised of numerous community leaders, including representatives from education, policing, libraries, economic development, health, housing family counselling and supports, employment services, settlement services, government and the United Way of Greater Simcoe County. Visit immigration.simcoe.ca for more information.
Kyle Glenn photo