Bicycles and other vehicles are prohibited on sidewalks in the downtowns of Alliston, Beeton and Tottenham.
Under the New Tecumseth Bylaw 2002-106, a “vehicle” is defined as a bicycle, skateboard, rollerskates, rollerblades, scooter and any other vehicle propelled or driven by wind, gravity or muscular power for the conveyance of a person or persons, but does not include a wheelchair or other vehicle used for the carriage of a person with a physical defect or disability or baby carriage, or baby stroller or wagon or tricycle.
These “vehicles” are prohibited on the following sidewalks:
- On Victoria Street, Alliston between Centre Street and Elizabeth Street;
- On Church Street, Alliston between Dominion Street and Wellington Street;
- On Paris Street, Alliston between Victoria Street and Wellington Street;
- On Mill Street, Alliston between North parking lot and Victoria Street;
- On Main Street, Beeton between Tecumseth Street and Centre Street;
- On Queen Street, Tottenham between Eastern Avenue and Richmond Street.
Violations to the bylaw can result in a fine.
The Town of New Tecumseth appreciates your attention and help to keep sidewalks safe for everyone. For more information, please call the Municipal Law Enforcement Department at 705-435-3900.